Making the Model

To make the model I used a thorax components from the butcher inside a wire frame chest cavity which I layered with tissue paper (paper mache) including the addition of ribs and spine. I painted the thorax with pinky orange and tomato puree to make it look more textured and accurate. (it stunk and attracted a lot of fly’s so I wouldn’t recommend it!)

In the final film I have used adobe premiers three way color corrector and  RGB curves on an adjustment layer to darken the flesh and make it look much more realistic. This along with the back lighting works well to create the overall effect. To do this I changed the output levels on the video to 14.4 making it look darker as fewer RGB levels could get through. Also I added a vignette to bring the focus of the audience to the center.

This is how it ended up:

About kitjaytaylor

Film student
This entry was posted in Fmp1. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s